Following confirmation today that Leicester and Leicestershire have both been placed in tier 3 restrictions, please find a link below to an update provided by the LTA along with a summary grid which outlines what play is allowed at the club.
Here is a brief summary of what is allowed along with our rules for safe play at the club:
RULES FOR SAFE PLAY AT OADBY GRANVILLE TENNIS CLUB
- Social play for both singles and doubles is permitted with effect from Wednesday 2nd December 2020 and must follow the Rule of 6.
- Coaching is permitted with effect from Wednesday 2nd December 2020 for individual, adult and junior sessions. Adult coaching must not exceed 12 adults per court and junior coaching must be restricted to a maximum group size of 15.
- All play is subject to travel restrictions into or out of the area. No players from a tier 2 area will be allowed to travel to play at the club.
- Please follow this link for full government guidance in regards to travel: Local restriction tiers: what you need to know – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- Playing at the club can only be done by booking a court through Clubspark.
- On arrival please only enter by the patio or grass area where social distancing of 2 metres can be maintained.
- When leaving please leave by the passageway between the building and the courts. Please do not stand at any time in the passageway, this will ensure we can have a safe flow around the club.
- We would ask members to use the NHS covid-19 test and trace app by checking in on the QR code displayed on the clubhouse window.
- Court bookings will now open at 7.30am rather than 12.01am. The booking system will be reactivated at 7.30am on Friday 27th November 2020 for court bookings.
- Every member will have an allocation of 3 one hour bookings per week.
- Please finish playing 5 minutes before your actual finish time to ensure there is no cross over between bookings. If playing on clay, please also consider that time will be needed for you to sweep the courts.
- Social distancing – nothing has changed in this respect. Continue to observe a minimum distance of 2 meters and please leave the club promptly after you have finished playing.
- Please make sure you have washed/sanitised your hands before you arrive at the club and after play. Please also consider wearing a glove when sweeping the clay courts or at least sanitising your hands immediately after sweeping.
- If you or any member of your household have shown any symptoms of Covid-19 or believe you may have been in contact with someone who has then please do not come to the club.
- Please notify the committee through firstname.lastname@example.org and/or contact a committee member immediately if you have a positive coronavirus test following play at the club.
- Follow government guidelines/ rules on the government website when you show any symptoms of covid-19 or if you test positive for covid-19. Link: NHS Test and Trace: how it works – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- The club house will remain closed apart from access to the toilets, which has to be used strictly with one person only entering the changing rooms at any time. There will be a cone placed in the reception area, so if you do enter the changing rooms can you please block off the entrance using the cone as an indicator that the changing rooms are in use. Once you have finished, please place the cone back out of the way of the door. Showers must not be used for the time being.
- We will continue for the time being to restrict play to members only.
It has been a very difficult time for everyone and being able to get back playing tennis will be a relief for a lot of people. It is absolutely essential that we all play our part and follow the above rules. As always our priority is the health of our members and we all have a responsibility to help each other to keep each other safe. If anyone is unsure about any of the above or would like to raise any points in regards to this then please do contact me.
We are currently working on a schedule as to when junior coaching will return. George will of course update everyone on this once a decision has been made.
It will be lovely to see you back at the club soon. Until then, please stay safe and well.
Oadby (Granville) Tennis & Social Club