Following the government’s relaxing of certain lockdown rules, from
Wednesday 13th May I am pleased to confirm that we will be able to open
up the courts for limited play.
Before I go in to more detail I would like to say that all decisions have been made with the health and wellbeing of all members in mind and we will of course continue to follow advice from Public Health England and the LTA when making any future changes to what is detailed below.
It is great news that
we are now in a position to get back on court but we all have a
responsibility to show common sense and behave in a manner which allows
tennis to be played in the safest possible way.
From Wednesday 13th May, court bookings will be available but must only be made following the rules below:
· Courts 1,3,4 & 6 will be available for bookings. The nets on courts 2 & 5 will be taken down to ensure these courts are not used at any time, this will help to ensure social distancing. The mini courts are also not to be used at the present time.
· Courts will be available to be booked for singles play. This can be with a member of your household or one other non-household member.
· Bookings for doubles play is only available where all four players reside at the same household.
· All court bookings must be made via ClubSpark. If you are not registered with ClubSpark, please visit our website (www.oadbytennis.co.uk) where you can register.
· Please do not visit the club or arrive to play without booking a court, even if there is availability showing. This is mainly for safety reasons but this will also help us to assess court usage which, in turn, will help us implement further changes if necessary.
· Booking slots will be available for a maximum of 1 hour only with these starting promptly on the hour. You must leave the court 5 minutes before the end of your session please to ensure there is no crossover with people entering the court after you. This means that each session will last for 55 minutes and allows a generous time for changeovers adhering to social distancing.
· Each member will be initially restricted to a maximum of 2 booking slots per week to help spread availability for all members. This does not mean you are only allowed to play twice per week, but you are only allowed to personally book 2 slots per week.
· Until further notice, all players must be members of the club.
· The club house will remain closed with no access possible to either the main room or changing/toilet facilities.
· Court bookings will be available from 9am until 8pm. Please be aware that if you do book an 8pm slot no floodlight use will be available.
· No courts to be booked for juniors after 6pm.
· No individual coaching sessions will be available initially. This will be reviewed over the next week and we will advise further on this in due course.
· Please bring along your own wipes/sanitiser to use for entering and leaving the courts. Please use common sense in regards to whether you need to adjust the net height. If you do decide to adjust this then please ensure that you clean/sanitise your hands straight away. Please also clean/sanitise hands after sweeping the clay courts.
· During play, socially distancing measures must be adhered to at all times without any exception. Please avoid shaking hands, high fives and changing ends.
· Once you have finished play, please leave the court and club premises as soon as possible.
I think it is really important to give everyone a clear indication of what is expected and I would politely ask for all members to follow the above rules without exception. These rules are for the safety of everyone.
I fully appreciate that this might not be ideal for every single person, especially our many junior members who we are not currently able to offer their usual coaching and daytime members who play doubles at club mix ins etc. We will assess the how the initial opening goes and upon advice from PHE and the LTA. If we are able to extend the sessions then we will, but not until it is completely safe to do so.
Many thanks for all of your patience and for continuing to support the club. If you need any further advice or questions regarding the above then please do feel free to contact me.
Please stay safe and best wishes.
Oadby (Granville) Tennis & Social Club